Saturday, June 19, 2010

Home Alone Journey.....


Hmmm... it's been quite some time that i have written something...

This is about me and my small journey as a Home Alone... My parents are out for 6 months... and here comes all the responsibilities....It seemed very simple to me and was confident of handling it... so far so good....

Its now been more than 1 month now... and am feeling good about it... i have done well... but seriously speaking...i never thought staying alone is a real tough task. Its also about maintaining your house clean... (for me this is the biggest thing...)Well if you have some one in the house, you always go care free...

Now every time i leave my house and building, i continue to think that i hope i have closed the curtains.. taps are closed and gas is switched off. and yes.. all the electric utilities are switched off.... while i had my parent here, it was just what am i suppose to do today or just a simple BYE to my MOM....LIFE has changed so much...i still recollect those days when my mom used to be behind me in the morning to eat an banana and than leave the home... and i refused to do that.. Now i make sure that i eat a banana and than leave home...Things that i used to say No are now become a necessity of my life or probably it was the right way and perhaps i never understood it.. till i got into it...

I still recollect how my mom used to wake me up in the morning at 6.15am and still say that mom give me 5 mins...and it continues and finally there's a yelling from the Kitchen and finally i used to get up at 6:50/7:00am.  Today i get up at 6.15am sometimes by putting about 3/4 alarms.. and shamelessly i have asked my friend to give me a wake up call everyday...For few of the weekends.. my maid servant went on a holiday spree and this was the most toughest time....I had to wash utensils, sweep the floor, clean the house and finally washing clothes..iI was too tired and now i can think of our mothers doing so much of work.. specially after wearing a jeans for 4/5 hrs and putting it for a wash... Earlier it was so easy... WHY? BECAUSE, Mom used to do it....Also there were days when i cooked food like Khichadi, fried rice, and Dalrice on my own and it was too good... i am so happy for this...but really miss those variety of food that mom used to cook....

Parents mean a lot to me.. so that we are there and we go in the rite direction... They are the ones with whom you can share about friends, office people, work...etc...they are the ones who can understand you... and also pamper you sometimes...Also i used to gight a lot with them.  but still I had a great understanding with mom and a bit less with my dad(we had fights based on our religious views) from my parents and they kept on supporting my decisions..this was true because they had the confidence on me and now even lot of my friends share their things with me for some help that they require...

I now feel that i am responsible for the house.. need to take care of this and also all the belongings... but whenever i miss them i just make a phone call .. (thanks that ISD rates are down)

All in all had a great going for the 1st month.. and hope that it continues and will keep you posted on the next..Hope that it doesn't get more difficult in rains.....Keep watching!!!

Cheers....

No comments: